Neerja Modi School (NMS) helps students build upon their experiences, providing ample opportunities for growth. Our alumni gain admission into colleges and universities all over the world.
Applying to colleges and universities is an exciting and revealing experience, giving students a chance to critically look at who they are, what they value, and what they might want to do. It can also be a complicated, demanding, and time-consuming process.
NMS counselors help guide, support, and counsel students and parents throughout: research schools, make choices, select and visit universities, and complete applications. Our comprehensive counselling program supports and guides students throughout the university application process, beginning in Grade 9 and continuing throughout Grade 12.
We help students develop a thoughtful and balanced college list: one that not only meets their needs but also honours their individuality. Students then receive various forms of support from one-on-one meetings to group workshops and more.
The programme includes:
- Initial university workshop: for parents and students to provide a general overview of the university application process
- University seminars: for students and parents detailing all aspects of the university application process
- Student consultations: beginning term 2 of Grade 11 followed by meetings with both students and parents in Grade 11, and throughout Grade 12
- Discuss student’s choice of countries and the different academic systems
- Review selection of schools, university courses and/or disciplines
- Provide support in personal profile building
- Assist and guide students through personal statements, essays, mock interviews and contact with university representatives
- Guide students and parents through financial aid options
- Information and materials: we provide university brochures, catalogs, guides and university application platforms like Cialfo as resources for students
- University and College fairs: we host over 200 universities (national and international)
- Counselor/referee letters of recommendation: we support student’s candidature to appropriate universities
College Counselling membership
We are active members in regional and international organizations that support the college and university application process: International ACAC and NACAC.
SAT and ACT Testing Centre
We are a certified SAT and ACT Test Centre.
We understand the importance of social, behavioural and emotional counselling throughout students’ development. Our counsellors ensure that students feel safe and secure to discuss issues important to them. Working with our faculty, solutions are then proposed by our counselling team to promote a positive learning environment. Parents and family members can also be involved in the process. Read more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion here.
Ms. Juanita Wazz